A Film by Steven Hatton
Out Now to Order on DVD - Release Date December 10th 2012
A meditative story of a parent child relationship, Heilig offers an intimate portrait of Jewish Kindertransport refugee Gerhard Heilig, now 85 and living in retirement in Vienna.
Heilig explores not only Gerhard?s own escape from Nazi Austria but the imprisonment at Dachau and Buchenwald concentration camps of his father, Bruno Heilig, an anti-nazi political journalist and later, writer of one of the first eyewitness accounts of life in the concentration camps.
The DVD is priced at £6.99 including postage. All orders made before the release date of 10th December will be shipped on the 7th or 8th December. For those who wish to purchase a film for themselves and also as a present, two DVDs with postage are available for £11.99. A series of options are available for international shipping. The DVD is not region locked and the film is in PAL format, the TV format used in the UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and thus will play in any DVD player in these territories, as well as and on DVD player / TV in the rest of the world that will accept the PAL format. The DVD also will play on all computers and laptops with a DVD drive worldwide.
FESTIVALS & SCREENINGS
- Branchage Film Festival (Jersey UK) 22-25th Sept 2011.
- Vancouver Jewish Film Festival (Canada) November 2011.
- Warsaw Jewish Film Festival (Poland) November 2011.
- London Short Film Festival (UK) 14th Jan 2012.
- Lincoln Drill Hall (UK) 17th Jan 2012.
- Brunton Theatre - Musselburgh (UK) 6th & 7th Feb 2012.
- Athens Jewish Film Festival (USA) 11th Feb 2012.
- Stoke Your Fires (UK) 13th Feb 2012. WINNER BEST DOCUMENTARY
- Aesthetica Film Festival - York (UK) November 2012